Employment opportunities at PING
PING products are designed, engineered and assembled at the company's corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company employs workers in a variety of capacities, including golf club production, customer service, administrative, engineering and managerial positions.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer II - Automation
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Senior Manufacturing Engineer II - Automation. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager within the Engineering department. The primary responsibility for this role is to be a key technical resource for automation and robotics applications on productions lines. This includes working with internal and external teams to deliver superior capability for streamlining the production process. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in automation and robotics design and implementation.
At PING, our people are our greatest asset. By placing our people in roles that support their passions and strengths, they will thrive in their efforts to continuously deliver the best golf equipment in the world. The fundamental core value within PING Engineering is knowledge. Every team member contributes to our world-class knowledge capture system as the means by which we deliver performance driven innovation that differentiates us from our competitors and provides enhanced value to our customers.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- BS in Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited university, with a minimum of 10 years’ directly related experience, three of which must include automation and robotics design and implementation. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of golf-related manufacturing and assembly processes (e.g. casting, forging, composites, adhesives, tool design, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with demonstrable skills in technical documentation and oral presentation of technical concepts.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, and data analysis skills, and proven ability to complete projects in a timely and successful fashion.
- Must have demonstrated capability using software programming tools (such as LabView, Matlab, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with CAD/CAE tools. PTC Creo is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams for important projects, including mentoring less senior engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for the development, design and documentation of new and/or modified manufacturing equipment and processes that meet best practices for automation and robotics, paying particular attention to ergonomics, safety and environmental considerations.
- Manage the introduction of new and/or revised manufacturing equipment and processes along with associated documentation, which may include, as appropriate, off-site sister facilities and other entities as assigned.
- Oversee implementation and continuous improvement of all equipment & manufacturing processes, utilizing automation and robotics in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Interface with Product Designers to determine best fit into product assembly and manufacturing capabilities.
- Occasional domestic and rare overseas travel may be required.
Manager: Environmental Health and Safety
The Manager of Environmental Health and Safety’s primary responsibility is to manage PING’s environmental health and safety programs and promote a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards.
QUALIFICATIONS, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Requires a four-year Bachelor’s degree from a properly accredited college or university in the Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field, plus a minimum eight years’ experience in an industrial setting working with environmental and safety programs, and at least two years’ of supervisory and/or team management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. ISO 14001 or similar environmental management system experience.
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Must complete (or provide documentation of) the appropriate 40 – hour HAZWOPER training or receive equivalent on-the-job training within six months of employment, as well as required annual refresher training.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills with the proven ability to build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, manage and participate in cross-disciplinary business meetings and training sessions.
- Strong organization, time management and record keeping skills.
- Ensure Company’s regulatory compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Manage company conformance with ISO 14001-certification and other EHS initiatives.
- Supervise the flow of position-relevant information to meet regulatory requirements while protecting the interests of the Company.
- Contribute to Company profitability through the maintenance of budgets, management of departmental resources and staff, and reduction of other costs, including environmental compliance and accident reduction. Manage resources to meet or exceed reasonable expectations.
- Research, develop and implement applicable workplace policies and procedures and monitor for continuous improvement.
- Communicate environmental health and safety risks, policies, and goals to employees and management.
- Create, implement, and direct cost-effective environmental and safety programs to ensure regulatory compliance. Strategy is to be reflective of best practices and deliver best-in-class outcomes. Provide for an audit and feedback process to objectively measure progress.
- Act as an Emergency Coordinator for PING, as outlined in PING’s Emergency Response Contingency Plan.
- Provide project management oversight in compliance work requiring professional consulting services.
- Integrate regulatory compliance requirements to ensure successful product introduction, sustainability, and protection of company reputation and interests.
- Serve as company representative/liaison to a variety of external entities.
- Responsible for remaining current within area of expertise as required by regulation as well as continuing education needs.
- Some domestic travel will be required.
- This is a full-time position requiring regular and consistent attendance.
- Current Arizona Driver's License is required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
PING/KMC offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the job posting. Remember to insert the job title in the subject of your correspondence.
Please only non-tobacco users. PING is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V