Employment opportunities at PING
PING products are designed, engineered and assembled at the company's corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company employs workers in a variety of capacities, including golf club production, customer service, administrative, engineering and managerial positions.
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a Senior Accountant. This position reports to the Operations Accounting Manager. This position will work in a cross-functional team to help analyze the financial impact of new product development and ongoing manufacturing operations. This position will analyze and communicate operating results and present key analysis to top management. This position will assist in the quarterly inventory, margin analysis and monthly close process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Minimum four years’ accounting experience, two of which in public accounting (preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and presenting financial results to upper management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction under pressure.
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Dynamics AX (preferred).
Staff Test Engineer
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Staff Test Engineer. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and reports to the Analysis and Testing Manager within the Engineering department. The primary responsibility for this role is to be a key technical resource for hard goods testing of golf equipment. This includes working with internal and external teams to deliver superior capability for performance and durability testing. The ideal candidate will have experience with testing and qualification in conjunction with hands-on experience developing new tests and testing equipment.
At PING, our people are our greatest asset. By placing our people in roles that support their passions and strengths, they will thrive in their efforts to continuously deliver the best golf equipment in the world. The fundamental core value within PING Engineering is knowledge. Every team member contributes to our world-class knowledge capture system as the means by which we deliver performance driven innovation that differentiates us from our competitors and provides enhanced value to our customers.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- BS in Physics, Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited university, with a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Deep understanding of testing practices and methodologies such as ASTM, ISO, DIN, SAE, MIL, etc.
- Strong background in statistical analysis methods and reporting.
- Working knowledge of golf-related manufacturing and assembly processes (e.g. casting, forging, composites, adhesives, tool design, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with demonstrable skills in technical documentation and oral presentation of technical concepts.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, and data analysis skills, and proven ability to complete projects in a timely and successful fashion.
- Must have demonstrated capability using software programming tools such as LabView, Matlab, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience with CAD/CAE tools. PTC Creo is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams for important projects, including mentoring less senior engineers and technicians.
- Provide general technical leadership on projects aimed at developing methods, fixtures, or equipment for testing products or experimentation. This includes considerations such as mechanical design, software development, databases, work instructions, and related documentation.
- Performs all aspects of testing including developing written test procedures, operating tests, documenting results, statistical reporting, and advanced analysis.
- Work closely with the Design, Project, and Innovation teams to promote a solid understanding of product testing requirements to ensure desired product performance and durability are verified.
- Liaison with other departments for understanding and communicating testing needs and methods.
- Aid other Test Engineers and Technicians with the calibration and maintenance of equipment and tools.
- Occasional domestic and rare overseas travel may be required.
Senior Buyer Analyst
Ping, Inc., is seeking a Senior Buyer Analyst. This position is responsible for purchasing and negotiating optimal pricing for materials/services in the area of assigned responsibility. In addition, this position is in charge of all planning functions relative to the materials purchased.
This person has the ability to control and influence the relationship between the supplier and Ping, acting as the business manager and directing all activities of the purchasing function while eliminating non-value added activities.
Duties, Requirements and Qualifications:
- Develop an inventory plan by evaluating MPS’s, material forecasts, lead times, and stock levels to assure an adequate flow of material to meet production requirements.
- Effectively research, evaluate, source, and manage international suppliers resulting in top quality products and services at optimum pricing.
- Through various means, monitor materials for potential stock-outs, take corrective actions to maintain proper levels of inventory, and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Perform total price and cost analysis on supplier quotations and proposals.
- Effectively negotiate contract pricing and improve product standardization to achieve decreases in “total” cost.
- Provide leadership and problem solving skills while fostering relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Lead cross functional strategic sourcing teams through a supplier TSMP audit with potential or existing suppliers.
- Lead meetings with President to report and update inventory position on all materials under assigned responsibility.
- Assist department manager in the training and development of new Buyer/Analysts.
- Provide leadership and instruction to buyers regarding all ISO procedures and departmental policies.
- Other projects or responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, and eight years minimum Purchasing, Materials or Operations Management experience and/or training required, or an equivalent combination of education and procurement experience. CPM/CPSM Certification is required.
- Proven negotiating abilities and outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize a variety of meetings and tasks having deadlines.
- Computer literate and able to learn new software packages. Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing is required.
- Experience using a mainframe computer system specific to MRP, PO, and receiving screens.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
PING/KMC offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the job posting. Remember to insert the job title in the subject of your correspondence.
Please only non-tobacco users. PING is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V