Employment opportunities at PING
PING products are designed, engineered and assembled at the company's corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company employs workers in a variety of capacities, including golf club production, customer service, administrative, engineering and managerial positions.
Sales Representative [Northwest]
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a Sales Representative for its Northwest Territory (East Washington, NE Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming). The successful candidate will:
- Make sales visits, professional presentations and service accounts through an assigned territory.
- Establish strong ongoing relationships with all accounts; be respectful of others and conduct business in a professional manner.
- Conduct on a yearly basis a formal product information and training seminar for all iron/wood/putter fitting accounts for all staff members involved in selling PING product.
- Conduct demo/fitting days that meet and exceed our accounts' and consumers' expectations.
- Increase sales through established distribution system, using PING's selling process.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a four-year degree in Marketing, or related business field and job experience which includes: Customer Service, Club Fitting and a minimum of six months as a Product Specialist.
- Solid golf background to include the terminology of the game, and complete product knowledge skills.
- Superior time management skills, be accessible and respond promptly and professionally to all accounts, consumers and Phoenix office inquiries, whether in person or via phone or email.
- The ability to initiate and grow relationships with accounts.
- Good math skills, sense of direction and time/organizational skills a MUST.
Apparel Field Sales Representative
PING, Inc., maker of Ping golf equipment is seeking an Apparel Field Sales Representative in the Central Region Sales Territory based in the greater Chicago, IL area covering multiple states.
This position reports to the National Sales Manager of Apparel and will be responsible for making sales calls within assigned territory. The successful candidate will manage sales orders and showcase PING's apparel.
Responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Meet as seasonally appropriate with authorized PING accounts within assigned territory to share PING company culture, values/principles, philosophy, sales programs/initiatives, technologies, and products.
- Execute effective and informative customer sales and service visits by communicating and presenting PING products, sales initiatives, promotions and incentives to customers, and submitting and managing sales orders on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain productive relationship with all customers and their personnel, as well as internal PING personnel and promptly and professionally respond to all inquiries.
- Perform all actions and tasks with excellence to consistently exceed customer expectations, all while providing a high quality customer-vendor experience.
- Consistently increase PING apparel and accessory product sales and customer distribution through established distribution system determined by PING, by implementing and managing PING sales programs/initiatives to enhance PING product presence and brand awareness.
- Requires a four year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related business field, plus a minimum of 2 years’ related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires apparel sales experience and the ability to strategically manage, distribute and maintain apparel sales goals.
- Must be a self-starter, and excellent written and oral communications skills.
Customer Service Representative
As a PING Customer Service Representative, you will provide order processing service and internal sales support for all PING accounts and domestic sales representatives. You will also maintain thorough knowledge of PING products, services and the production process, and accept full responsibility for following through and resolving customer requests for service, including ship times when other departments or individuals are involved.
This position will also:
Authorize returns and repairs for no-charge consideration, walk repair through on timely basis, and follow through on shipments and orders.
Place and/or change orders, check status of orders, monitor progress of rush orders, track shipments, resolve customer conflicts and assist with club fitting, providing advice and recommendations when knowledgeable.
Request issuance of credits or debits as appropriate, request billing adjustments, and understand company credit process to research and answer inquiries regarding account balances and shipment problems.
- Knowledge of golf terminology.
- Knowledge of key golf club specifications and their relationship to performance.
- Enthusiasm for the game.
- Reasonable playing ability preferred.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter who enjoys problem solving.
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel.
As a Product Fitter, you will perform duties of Club Fitting/Consumer Relations Specialist when scheduled and represent PING at trade or consumer demo/fitting days & seminars throughout the country, providing product information, insight, fitting & technical support on all PING products. You will participate in consumer or trade shows, work directly with & support local field reps, and through PGA sections, regions & individual accounts to educate them on product, brand & company.
You will obtain information on product, policies, and brand through contact with customers & consumers, and provide this information to product managers, engineering and management. You may also be called upon to provide minor club repair, fitting and problem solving. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by Executive Management.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Arizona Driver's License with clear 39 Month MVR.
- Maintain Certification as a Fitting Cart Training Specialist and perform duties of a Fitting Cart Trainer.
- Must have excellent attendance record.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate; Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have excellent technical knowledge of company & products.
- Available to travel approximately 1 month at a time.
PING, INC., manufacturer of Ping golf clubs, has an opening for a Buyer Analyst. This position will be responsible for purchasing materials/services for the area of assigned responsibility using price, quality, delivery, lead times, and desired inventory levels as criteria in conducting general purchasing decisions.
This position will evaluate MPS's and material forecasts obtained from Production Planner. This position will execute purchases as required and manage the day-today relationship between PING and assigned suppliers.
Experience and requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college, a minimum of four years purchasing experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the area of finance, ROI, and make verses buy decisions are helpful.
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel and be able to write letters using Word.
- Experience using an ERP system and working in an ISO certified manufacturing environment is a plus.
- CPM or CPSM certification is required.
PING/KMC offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the job posting. Remember to insert the job title in the subject of your correspondence.
Please only non-tobacco users. PING is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V