Employment opportunities at PING
PING products are designed, engineered and assembled at the company's corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company employs workers in a variety of capacities, including golf club production, customer service, administrative, engineering and managerial positions.
Senior Buyer Analyst
Ping, Inc., is seeking a Senior Buyer Analyst. This position is responsible for purchasing and negotiating optimal pricing for materials/services in the area of assigned responsibility. In addition, this position is in charge of all planning functions relative to the materials purchased.
This person has the ability to control and influence the relationship between the supplier and Ping, acting as the business manager and directing all activities of the purchasing function while eliminating non-value added activities.
Duties, Requirements and Qualifications:
- Develop an inventory plan by evaluating MPS’s, material forecasts, lead times, and stock levels to assure an adequate flow of material to meet production requirements.
- Effectively research, evaluate, source, and manage international suppliers resulting in top quality products and services at optimum pricing.
- Through various means, monitor materials for potential stock-outs, take corrective actions to maintain proper levels of inventory, and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Perform total price and cost analysis on supplier quotations and proposals.
- Effectively negotiate contract pricing and improve product standardization to achieve decreases in “total” cost.
- Provide leadership and problem solving skills while fostering relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Lead cross functional strategic sourcing teams through a supplier TSMP audit with potential or existing suppliers.
- Lead meetings with President to report and update inventory position on all materials under assigned responsibility.
- Assist department manager in the training and development of new Buyer/Analysts.
- Provide leadership and instruction to buyers regarding all ISO procedures and departmental policies.
- Other projects or responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, and eight years minimum Purchasing, Materials or Operations Management experience and/or training required, or an equivalent combination of education and procurement experience. CPM/CPSM Certification is required.
- Proven negotiating abilities and outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize a variety of meetings and tasks having deadlines.
- Computer literate and able to learn new software packages. Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing is required.
- Experience using a mainframe computer system specific to MRP, PO, and receiving screens.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
Manager: Environmental Health and Safety
The Manager of Environmental Health and Safety’s primary responsibility is to manage PING’s environmental health and safety programs and promote a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards.
QUALIFICATIONS, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Requires a four-year Bachelor’s degree from a properly accredited college or university in the Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field, plus a minimum eight years’ experience in an industrial setting working with environmental and safety programs, and at least two years’ of supervisory and/or team management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. ISO 14001 or similar environmental management system experience.
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Must complete (or provide documentation of) the appropriate 40 – hour HAZWOPER training or receive equivalent on-the-job training within six months of employment, as well as required annual refresher training.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills with the proven ability to build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, manage and participate in cross-disciplinary business meetings and training sessions.
- Strong organization, time management and record keeping skills.
- Ensure Company’s regulatory compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Manage company conformance with ISO 14001-certification and other EHS initiatives.
- Supervise the flow of position-relevant information to meet regulatory requirements while protecting the interests of the Company.
- Contribute to Company profitability through the maintenance of budgets, management of departmental resources and staff, and reduction of other costs, including environmental compliance and accident reduction. Manage resources to meet or exceed reasonable expectations.
- Research, develop and implement applicable workplace policies and procedures and monitor for continuous improvement.
- Communicate environmental health and safety risks, policies, and goals to employees and management.
- Create, implement, and direct cost-effective environmental and safety programs to ensure regulatory compliance. Strategy is to be reflective of best practices and deliver best-in-class outcomes. Provide for an audit and feedback process to objectively measure progress.
- Act as an Emergency Coordinator for PING, as outlined in PING’s Emergency Response Contingency Plan.
- Provide project management oversight in compliance work requiring professional consulting services.
- Integrate regulatory compliance requirements to ensure successful product introduction, sustainability, and protection of company reputation and interests.
- Serve as company representative/liaison to a variety of external entities.
- Responsible for remaining current within area of expertise as required by regulation as well as continuing education needs.
- Some domestic travel will be required.
- This is a full-time position requiring regular and consistent attendance.
- Current Arizona Driver's License is required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
PING/KMC offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the job posting. Remember to insert the job title in the subject of your correspondence.
Please only non-tobacco users. PING is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V